Circular references and python

nascheme at enme.ucalgary.ca nascheme at enme.ucalgary.ca
Fri Feb 4 02:44:38 EST 2000

In comp.lang.python, you wrote:
>I don't expect reference counting will ever go away in CPython (too many
>people like its relatively predictable semantics. too), although I do expect
>*some* way to reclaim cycles (at unpredictable times) will eventually be
>added.

I have been looking at Toby Kelsey's code.  It seems quite
interesting.  Do you think something like it would have a chance
to be accepted by Guido?

Perhaps you can also explain why splay trees are used.  There
doesn't seem to be any need to keep things sorted.  I don't fully
understand the code yet so perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks for your always entertaining posts in c.l.p.

    Neil

--
"If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when