Tkinter: changing colour of scrollbars on Windows

Mark C Favas mark at chem.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 24 23:39:28 EST 2000

On Unix, it is possible to change the colours of Tkinter scrollbars using
the standard configure methods. However, on Windows (Tcl/Tk 8.05), the
colours remain unchanged from the defaults. (Same thing happens using Tcl/Tk,
so it's not just a Tkinter thing.) I've looked for the reasons for this or work-
arounds on the Python, Tcl newsgroups to no avail (but I could have missed
something). Can anyone enlighten me on what is going on here, and whether
there is any workaround?

Thanks,
	Mark
--
Email  - mark at chem.uwa.edu.au      ,-_|\                           Mark C Favas
Phone  - +61 9 380 3482           /     \               Department of Chemistry