Which GUI?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Feb 17 11:55:35 EST 2000

[Oops, I forgot to include the Python mailing list.]

"J.C.Travers" <J.C.Travers at durham.ac.uk> écrit:

> (I mean programming GTK in C is a nightmare compared to QT in C++ !!!)

Thanks for your comments.  I guess, from what I've seen, that this damage
is well repaired in the `pygtk' interface.  So for Python programmers,
the nightmare might just not exist.

I had to pick a GUI, and decided for `pygtk', after having tried other
avenues.  The reason who left me away from `qt' was mainly all the legalistic
noise around it, and the fact it might not be free on some platforms.
My guess has been that `pygtk' might be of comparable quality.