Embedding to C++: hooking up GNU readline

Alex Farber eedalf at eed.ericsson.se
Mon Feb 28 10:18:52 EST 2000

Dear friends,

I have a C++ application which embeds Python. To use the GNU readline
library for input I run a separate thread, which calls readline(">>> "),
then processes the input and passes the received char array to another
function. And that function is hooked up to PyOS_ReadlineFunctionPointer.

It works, but I have a problem: How do I know when to change the prompt
from ">>> " to "... "? Is there some flag which I could check before
calling readline(">>> ") or readline("... ")?

Thank you for any hints
Alex