web2ldap.py 0.7.0: WWW gateway for accessing LDAP servers

Michael Ströder michael.stroeder at inka.de
Sun Feb 20 13:05:34 EST 2000

HI!

I would like to announce a new version of web2ldap, a full-featured
LDAPv2+ client written in Python designed to run as web gateway.

It's available for free (GPL) from

  http://www.web2ldap.de/

There's a demo running on:

  http://sites.inka.de/ms/cgi-bin/web2ldap.py

Because there were many changes in the code (see below) I would like
to encourage users to heavily test this gateway and report success
or problems to feedback at web2ldap.de. Thanks a lot.

Ciao, Michael.

P.S.: I also posted it here because news:comp.lang.python.announce
looks quite dead at the moment...

Changes:

The most important change is that web2ldap can now be started as
multi-threaded web server right out of the box. This speeds up
things enormously. And yes, it runs under Windows...

For more details see: http://www.web2ldap.de/doc/changes.html

<P><A HREF="http://www.web2ldap.de/">web2ldap 0.7.0</A> -
web-based LDAP client; runs as stand-alone web gateway now.
(20-Feb-2000)