[CORBA] omniNames feature request

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Tue Feb 15 02:41:06 EST 2000

In article <p6qzot3iulv.fsf at informatik.hu-berlin.de>, Martin von Loewis wrote:

>IANA has assigned port 2809 for CORBA bootstrapping purposes. The INS
>spec assumes this as the default in the corbaloc URLs; the default
>object key for the name service is "NameService".

Wow...that is dang cool.  I'll definately keep this in mind.  The idea being
that there is a way to construct an IOR manually that is bound to the IIOP
protocol, using an arbitrary hostname (as determined by the requirements of
the application), port 2809, and dedicated object key of "NameService", and
I'm assuming also "TradingService" and others.  Wow...this will utterly blow
(D)COM away.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II