Several questions: python plugin, xml-rpc + Medusa

Brian C. Wright bcwright at home.com
Thu Feb 10 01:55:37 EST 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:28:55 -0600 (CST), Skip Montanaro
<skip at mojam.com> wrote:

>    Scott> Second question: has anyone melded the xmlrpclib stuff to Medusa
>    Scott> yet, other than Zope?  If I were to need something like that,
>    Scott> should I just use Zope?  I'm trying to keep things lightweight,
>    Scott> and I don't need the full-fledged Zope framework (which is verra,
>    Scott> verra nice, but the master of the castle already has one, you
>    Scott> see...)
>
>I use the ZServer component of Zope with XML-RPC without using all of Zope.
>ZServer is built on Medusa, so it would appear the good folks at Digital
>Creations have already done the legwork you require.

I am just starting to stumble down this same path, with the idea of
publishing XML based on information that is retrieved from a
relational database.  This seems like it would be a fairly standard
use, has anybody had any experience with the database integration part
of this?

Thanks,
Brian