Whitespace as syntax (was Re: Python Rocks!)

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon Feb 7 21:03:29 EST 2000

Xenophanes wrote:

> Go to Guido's site and read about his desire to have a language that is
> easy for non-programmers to learn. Python is not meant to replace C.

I don't think that fcahoon said that Python was meant to replace C. Your
message seems to me to be admitting that Python isn't good for "real
programmers" and is only appropriate for beginners. I think that when a
"real programmer" wants to discuss Python's virtue as a "real
programming" language we should do so happily. Python is excellent for
real, complex, large-scale systems.

"If I say something, yet it does not fill you with the immediate
burning desire to voluntarily show it to everyone you know, well then,
it's probably not all that important."
    - http://www.bespoke.org/viridian/