Reading Netscape Mail Folders

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Tue Feb 22 23:23:58 EST 2000

Tres Seaver wrote:

> In article <38B28D1E.9AC5D9CC at bellatlantic.net>,
> Steve Holden  <sholden at BellAtlantic.net> wrote:
> >Thanks, Tres:
> >
> >[points out own overcaution in not just trying it]
> >Certainly manages to find the headers!
> >
> Actually, I get the bodies, too, using the rfc822.Message.fp member.
> I would guess that the mimetools.Message class would likely DWYM, here,
> but haven't used it myself.
>
> Wiping-the-greasepaint-off'ly,
>
> Tres.
> --
> Tres Seaver           tseaver at palladion.com       713-523-6582
> Palladion Software    http://www.palladion.com

The first trial just used the built-in test routine at the bottom of
mailbox.py, which printed out subjects, senders and dates.  Now I'm
moving on to try and deal with full MIME attachments.  Seems like
what I need is a subclass of UnixMailbox whose new() method returns
an rfc822.Message object created with a multifile.MultiFile argument
rather than the standard mailbox._Subfile.

expecting-someone-will-tell-me-this-too-has-already-been-done-ly y'rs
 Steve
--
"If computing ever stops being fun, I'll stop doing it"