A comp.lang.python code snippet archive?

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Tue Feb 29 05:00:53 EST 2000

I'm wondering if it's worth adding to some list of links at www.python.org
in the same way that parnassus is. Does anyone maintain a list of links to
useful Python resources?

I think more people would use sites like this if they knew about them. The
only way at the moment to find out is to continuously read comp.lang.python
for a couple of years. Not everyone has the time/patience to do this.

We could also have some convention about Python snippets posted to c.l.py,
so they can be automagically extracted and categorised.

e.g.

#snippet "mysnippet.py"
#category "Networking"
#description "This does something interesting"
#begin
#!/usr/bin/env python

my_code_here()

#end