trim()

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Mon Feb 28 00:21:47 EST 2000

Chuck Esterbrook wrote:

> I think this is pretty cool. I could use this for the CGI scripts I'm writing where I often have indented HTML. It ends up being indented in the final result which not only looks bad but takes up more bandwidth.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Chuck
>
> "Michal Wallace (sabren)" wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> >   I posted a couple days ago about actually needing a whitespace-eating
> > nanovirus.. And ever since I built it, I've been using it almost every
> > day for text processing... Being able to indent triple-quoted-string
> > is a really really nice feature:

[Michal's whitespace-eating nanovirus]

On the plus side, in HTML there's no tabnannny to check whether you are using
tabs or spaces (or how many of which) to indent your "code".  As far as I'm
concerned optimising HTML is a kindness, not a duty!

Wishing-people-would-stop-calling-themselves-programmers-when-they-only-know-HTML-ly
y'rs - Steve
--
"If computing ever stops being fun, I'll stop doing it"