CGI and COM

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Feb 24 18:19:35 EST 2000

This should work fine, except you must remember that CGI will be
running your script under a special user and "desktop".  Eg, COM GUI
apps wont work, and some other COM apps wont have enough security to
do what they need to do.

The user that the guest logs into isnt the issue - it will be the user
the web server is running under.

Mark.

"Ulf Engström" <ulf.engstrom at b2b-link.com> wrote in message
news:000801bf7ec0$9da94500$d300a8c0 at Alexis...
I've just started with some COM-programming with the win32com package,
and I get the part I want to working correctly when I run it in IDLE
or in any way, except that I know want it to be done from a
CGI-script. (I'm writing params to a program with COM)
I know this raises some security issues when run as CGI, but is there
a way do overrun this? I'm running W2k with IIS5. I tried to set guest
login to use Administrator, this made the script take forever, but
still came out negative.
Some other way?
Regards
Ulf (Alexis)