Can't reopen eMatter book

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Feb 20 17:55:52 EST 2000

[Anders Eriksson has problems opening the effbot's eMatter book,
 Tim trots out the "kill the fatbrain.com registry branch" hack
 that worked for him,
 then ...
]
> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunally this didn't solve my problem.
> ... [tale of woe] ...
> After a while we found out that I'm using the Swedish version of
> Acrobat 4.0

Damn -- beat me to it!  That was going to be my next suggestion <wink>.

> and eMatter don't work with any version except the American.

An irony only you will fully appreciate is that the effbot (your book's
author) was designed, built, programmed, and still resides, in Sweden.

BTW, one of the people who devised the eMatter registration scheme wrote in
pvt to say that the need for the "kill the fatbrain.com registry branch
hack" on some systems is now understood, and a fix is in beta.  People who
have tried to program Windows before will recognize the true cause:  a
system API that's only been implemented by one vendor, so is full of
surprises no matter how carefully you study the docs and think you've tested
your code.

try-writing-a-windows-speech-recognition-app<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim