socket troubles

Sean Conley sconley at cs.csubak.edu
Tue Feb 15 00:20:46 EST 2000

I read the socket how-to and it was of no help.  createfilehandler treats
a socket the same as any other filehandle, it just waits for a specific
exception (event) and calls the given callback, straighforward enough. And
as I said, this was a FAR from coplete implementation, I was just trying
to get a very simple client up and running before I worried about
buffering or anything of this nature.  I realize this will be necessary in
the final version as heavy traffic on  a network can play havok with the
amount of data a socket can accept.  Anyhow, your last comment actually
wasn't too far from what my problem was.  I simply needed to send a
carriage return at the end of the message.  Thise done, it works fine and
I can move on.  So, tanks for your suggestion as it seems to have shoved
my thick-headed self in the correct direction.  :o)

Sean