resizing Tkinter widgets

Thomas Lane tom at parlant.com
Tue Feb 15 16:26:44 EST 2000

I'm a newbie to Tkinter, so please forgive me if I've missed something
obvious, but I'm trying to resize widgets, such as frames, lists, etc.
at run-time when a window is resized. I've bound a method to the
<Configure> event, and it gets called when the window is resized, but
when I call the methods to resize the widgets, nothing happens, ie. I
call widget.configure( width="XXX", height="YYY" ), but the size of
widget remains the same. I'm using the "Place" geometry manager, if that
makes any difference. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be
appreciated.

Thomas Lane
Parlant Technology
Provo, UT