Freezing an app using win32com and wxPython

P.J.W.S. Vrijlandt P.J.W.S.VRIJLANDT at INT.azg.nl
Sat Feb 5 11:48:31 EST 2000

Jean-Claude wrote:

> Calishar wrote:
> >   File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 22, in ?
> > ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not
> > functioning.
> >

> By pure coincidence, I had what looks like the same problem 2 days ago.
>
> It turns out that I had to replace mfc42.dll in c:\windows\system\ by a
> newer one.  Perhaps this works for you too...

This DLL-message really is not very helpful. (I had the same error a
month ago) Maybe Mark/Pythonwin can test if the os will offer
sufficient com support or must be upgraded and create an informative
errormessage.
Met vriendelijke groet,

Patrick Vrijlandt