IDLE and Hooks in apps for usage of My Favorite Editor

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Tue Feb 15 00:44:56 EST 2000

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

>   Looks like it depends on Qt, which means "a large library in C++".
> Not a killer, but less than ideal in the Python world (just a comment;
> I'm not slaming the Qt or KDE people).
>   Does anyone here know of any small message bus libraries that are
> still maintained, and are open source?

Modulu the fact that every language has xml-rpc, seems like a
little-brainer to

a. define a protocol
b. define an implementation above xml-rpc which does just that.

Of course, you have to assume things like vi will have to be changed
quite a bit to do that. Wait. No. I changed my mind. vi could probably
be changed to support such a library in a weekend. By that time, EMACS
will have about 5 modes which support it, of course.

but-what-message-do-you-want-to-pass-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.