Which Python book?

Joshua Macy amused at webamused.com
Tue Feb 8 21:09:48 EST 2000

Dan Christian wrote:

> There is also a "Pocket Python" book that I can never seem to find my
> way around.  Maybe I just haven't used it enough to grok the
> organization.

  I never take my computer anywhere without one of my copies of Python:
Pocket Reference in the pouch.   Perhaps someday I'll have absorbed it
so thoroughly that I don't need it, but until then I'm always reaching
for it.  The organization is quite simple: it's exactly what's in the
Table of Contents.  That's not as flip as it sounds; unlike, say,
Programming Python, I've never been at a moment's loss as to where to
find a bit of knowledge based on nothing more than the section title as
listed in the Table of Contents.  An index would be gilding the lilly.

  Joshua