Flamage's good for your health!

Forget it nobooze4u at BLAM!worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 12 19:09:53 EST 2000

x-no-archive: yes
Thomas Wouters wrote:
> The limiting factor is *you*, the programmer, and your imagination.
Actually, the limiting factor is the user. The user isn't a programmer
and he needs something real simple that does _his_ job, not mine. Perl,
Python, are all nice toys, but neither fits the purpose. Pike looks
promising, and I'm glad someone pointed that out.

> And if you can't find your own little language, build your own ;)
No time/not smart enough. Iow, only as a last resort will I attempt
something like that.

> It isn't that hard, I mean, look around you and count the different languages.
Yeah, I thought of it <g>. I bet you're right about that.

> But flaming a newsgroup/mailinglist just because you're bored on another
> lonely evening ? tsssk, tsssk ;)
Ah, who cares. I got quite a few helpful suggestions, and that's all I
need. If people got no sense of humour, well, that's typical of
programmers. Especially those who waste their time with a disgusting
half-assed language like Python!!!