local cgi

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Sun Feb 13 20:51:37 EST 2000

55555 <55555 at dakotacom.net> wrote in message
<38a717a8_3 at news5.newsfeeds.com>...
>I gave Medusa a try; however, it looks like you have to have a live
internet connection
>for it to work.  That won't be the case a lot of the time.  Is there any
other way for me
>to just associate .py to run on internet explorer through extra registry
settings
>somewhere?

Maybe, but I'd doubt it.... and you'd have to change them to run on the web
anyway...

I'm not familiar with medusa, but I'll try a mind read here...  Maybe
this'll solve your problem:

If you had a webserver running on your local machine, you can
access it through http://localhost/ ... that should work even if you're not
online.. If it *doesn't*... if IE pops up a "call your ISP" box, you can
trick it...
Just go into IE, and go to the "Connection" tab of the "View/Internet
options..."
dialog and tell it you have a local area network. Then http://localhost/
should
work fine. (but you'll have to either set it back or manually dial your ISP
through the icon in dial-up networking)

-Michal
http://www.sabren.com/