Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Feb 28)

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Tue Feb 29 05:35:29 EST 2000

http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2000-February/046654.html

> Why do you link the pipermail archive sometimes but not always?

does it matter?  you're supposed to click on the link if
you find something that might interest you, not decipher
the link itself.

(due to the intricate design of usenet, some messages don't
make it through to the deja.com archive.  in other cases, the
link collector stumbles upon something in a different context,
and doesn't bother to look for it in deja.com)

> > Suggestions/corrections for next week's posting are always welcome.
> >   http://www.egroups.com/list/python-url-leads/
>
> Can't this list be hosted at one of python.org/starship.python.net?
> It looks a bit [I-don't-know-how-to-say-it-in-English] to me...

afaik, that link is obsolete.  if you want to submit something
to the URL, post something interesting to comp.lang.python
(or mail it to python-list at python.org), and hope that the link
gathering bot picks it up.  the bot reserves the right to (yada
yada).

(besides, egroups is python powered.  even python zealots can
use it and still sleep well at night)

> I'm not sure who makes this list - Cameron Laird or Fredrik Lundh?

cameron edits the weekly edition.  another member of the URL
team collects the links.  at the moment, Dr. Dobbs Python-URL!
is based on the daily URL: http://hem.passagen.se/eff/url.htm
which is a free service from the eff-bot (saving everyone $9.52
per week ;-).

</F>