MAPI and NT Service

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Tue Feb 1 10:11:05 EST 2000

In article <x%yl4.4328$E5.9576 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Mark Hammond wrote:

>> BUT when I do:
>>
>> outbox = session.Outbox
>>
>> my NT service fails.
>
>MAPI defers alot of security stuff until actually needed.  What user
>is the service logged on as?  I would guess that it is NT/Exchange
>security related rather than your script...

As long as we're talking about MAPI, my MAPI->SMTP forwarder is
working, but the Exchange->SMTP address translation is some a
bit of code that will only work for this server (there is a
systematic way to transform a person's "Name" into his SMTP
address).

Is there a way to ask the Exchange Server to translate a MAPI
Address Entry object into an SMTP address string?  I've been
looking around the MSDN web pages and haven't found anything
yet...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I was giving HAIR
                                  at               CUTS to th' SAUCER PEOPLE