Interactive programs through Popen3

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Feb 21 10:12:38 EST 2000

Joe Smith writes:
 > I take it that you must be running on UNIX.  If I remember correctly, 1.5.2
 > says something about can't fork on Windows NT 4.0.  If I remember correctly,
 > popen2() and popen3() also have the same problem.  The doc should probably
 > state that the popen2 module/library does not work on NT.  It would probably

Joe,
  The current version of the documentation notes that this module is
available for Unix on the HTML page for the module.  It is also
located in the chapter on "Unix Specific Services," so an NT user
should be able to determine the lack of availability easily.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>