Porting omniORB python to OpenVMS

bvisscher at my-deja.com bvisscher at my-deja.com
Wed Feb 2 12:21:08 EST 2000

In article <8791t9$f19$1 at pineapple.uk.research.att.com>,
  Duncan Grisby <dgrisby at uk.research.att.com> wrote:
> In article <877rom$akl$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <bvisscher at my-deja.com>
wrote:

> >I have been attempting to port the omniORB python CORBA mapping
> >(omniORBpy) to OpenVMS and I think I need some help.
>
> I don't know anything about VMS, but I wrote omniORBpy.

Hi Duncan,

The problem turned out to be the use of shareable images (something like
shared libraries on VMS).  Also, I recompiled python.c with cxx (Compaq
C++) and relinked with cxxlink (Compaq C++'s C++ linker).  I'm not sure
if the latter was necessary and I don't know why it didn't work with
shareable images.

Now I get:

I said 'Hello from Python'. The object said 'Hello from Python'

in the example client with the example server running (both from
omniORBpy/releasenote).  Yes!

Thanks for your help,

Bruce Visscher

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/