Several questions: python plugin, xml-rpc + Medusa

Scott Anderson sanderson at ttm.com
Tue Feb 8 08:39:16 EST 2000

(Hmm. Third attempt... (Hmm... sent this once, and I didn't see it come
across... please
forgive if this is a repeat...))

Hi all,

Question the first: I've seen the Win16 Netscape plugin... is there a
32-bit version for the later browsers running around?  I've got an itch
I want to scratch, and a plugin would do it. :-)

Second question: has anyone melded the xmlrpclib stuff to Medusa yet,
other than Zope?  If I were to need something like that, should I just
use Zope?  I'm trying to keep things lightweight, and I don't need the
full-fledged Zope framework (which is verra, verra nice, but the master
of the castle already has one, you see...)

Thirdly: SOAP sounds interesting as well. Is SOAP as cross-language
portable as XML-RPC? I can do the latter in Python, Perl, Java, etc...
what has SOAP been implemented for at this juncture?

Regards and thanks,

-scott