What GUI widgets are available?

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Tue Feb 8 13:03:57 EST 2000

On 8 Feb 2000 14:13:31 GMT, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>For what I understand from the wxGrid documentation, the wxWindows
>grid isn't editable, at least not in-place.

 This is not entirely true. The old wxGrid class didn't support in-place
editing, indeed, but it was editable: it used a text control positioned near
the top of the grid to edit the contents of the selected cell (quite
convenient, in fact).

 However the upcoming wxWin 2.2 release will contain the new wxGrid class
(which is already in the cvs and is being actively debugged right now) which
does support in-place editing, has model-view architecture (thus you don't
have to copy the contents of millions cells in memory, but only need to
provide the values for those which are displayed) and quite a few other nice
features.

 Regards,
VZ