Several questions: python plugin, xml-rpc + Medusa

Paul Everitt paul at digicool.com
Thu Feb 10 19:04:20 EST 2000

Scott Anderson wrote:
> Second question: has anyone melded the xmlrpclib stuff to Medusa yet,
> other than Zope?  If I were to need something like that, should I just
> use Zope?  I'm trying to keep things lightweight, and I don't need the
> full-fledged Zope framework (which is verra, verra nice, but the master
> of the castle already has one, you see...)

As Skip mentioned, the pieces of Zope can be used separately.  Amos
Latteier has written an excellent How To on doing "Bobo style"
programming in Zope.

  http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/ZPublisher

This is the lowest-level way to do Python work in Zope.  Of course this
presumes you know what Bobo mode means -- I'll have to ask Amos to
update the How To.

Basically, if your module contains:

def hello(name):
  """Docstrings are required, otherwise ZPublisher will ignore them."""
  return 'Hello %s.' % name

...then http://yourhost/hello?name=Bubba will return 'Hello, Bubba.'
There are a ton of ideas in "Bobo mode" that I won't go into here.

--Paul