Where is glob ?

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Sat Feb 12 12:46:03 EST 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Egbert Bouwman wrote:

> In Python 1.5.1 (debian slink) the command
>    >>> import glob
> gives:
>    ImportError: No module named glob
> However the module is mentioned in the library reference.
> The same thing happens with fnmatch.
> Is there any particular reason for these absences ?
> egbert

If you still have the .deb, see if you can see any mention of a file named
"glob.py" inside it. If not, then, as much as I love debian, they screwed
up. In any case, I'm of the firm (if unpopular) opinion that installing
Python from the sources is very easy and usually much better for Linux
users. But then again, my production Python is ~ the latest CVS version,
so you might not want to listen to me.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.