Debugger Is Sorely Lacking!! <- what environment?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Wed Feb 9 04:22:22 EST 2000

Lou Pagano <lpagano at appliedtheory.com> wrote:
> I am brand spanking new at Python, and so, make LOTS of mistakes. I have
> found a lot lacking in the debugger.

hint: there are many different development
environments for Python.

it would be helpful if you (and everyone else) included
the name of the environment in the subject line, or at
least somewhere in the message.

(in your case, you're probably talking about the IDLE
environment.  but I cannot tell for sure; it could be
PythonWin.  it's probably not PythonWorks or true-
Space, and python-mode doesn't have a debugger,
afaik.  haven't used ActiveState's IDE yet, nor VIPER.
etc.  you get the idea...).

</F>