Reducing Python's memory footprint?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Wed Feb 23 17:50:19 EST 2000

In article <38B3AA6A.C85FA919 at wolfpack2000.com>,
Joel Hatch  <joel at wolfpack2000.com> wrote:

>Is there any way to reduce Python's memory footprint? Or maybe to set up
>some sort of Python-script server? To get a single copy of Python to
>simultaneously interpret several independent scripts?

Look at Medusa/asyncore.  If the scripts might take a while to churn,
take a look at Zope's Zserver.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Love does not conquer all.  Humans are extremely flexible, usually more
flexible than we're willing to admit.  But some flexibility comes at a
cost, and sometimes that cost is more than we can bear.