AXScript problem...

Mitchell Chung mchung at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 11 00:17:20 EST 2000

I'm using Windows NT and IE 5.0 with Python and the AXScript implementation
in win32com.  The demos in win32comext\axscript\demos\client\ie, like
calc.htm, seem to work.  But when I try my own code I'm getting errors with
stuff like "import copy" and "import httplib".  I haven't been able to find
a solution in the docs and the Python web site yet.  Can anyone help?

For example in calc.htm if I have
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Python">
import copy

"import copy" gives this error message in IE 5.0:
Attribute Error: CodeType

"import httplib" gives this error message:
NameError: socket

I don't have these errors when I use python or jpython by itself.

Mitch