A modest proposal

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Jan 19 18:50:01 EST 2000

Paul M <paul.magwene at yale.edu> wrote:
> Dear Pythoneers,

> Inspired by recent postings to this newsgroup I've decided that
> Python, and in particular the entire Python user base, has been going
> about things all wrong.  I've decided I would like to be able to code
> in python something like this:
[snip proposal]

This is nothing new. Back during the last Python conference, me and some
other intrepid non-conference-attenders had the run of the newsgroup,
and we redesigned Python into a more sane language already:

http://x44.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=410321807&search=thread
[and followups]

And the immensely positive reaction by some famous Pythoneers is here:

http://x23.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/viewthread.xp?AN=412546299&search=thread

this-year-I-will-attend-so-someone-else-can-have-the-run-ly yours,

Martijn