mimecntl 1.4

Michael P. Reilly arcege at shore.net
Sun Jan 30 08:55:41 EST 2000

I have created a new version of my mimecntl module based on patches
from users.  The new version is 1.4.

Mimecntl is a module which encapsulates MIME documents as mutable
objects and subobjects.  Multipart content-type behaves like UserList,
most other times act like files.  The original purpose of this module
was to create a single mechanism for reading and written MIME files
(I found it hard to integrate mimetools and MimeWriter).

The module can be downloaded from

What has been fixed since the last announced release:
* a new method of MIME_document has been added to check file objects;
  this was made as a method to be overridden by subclasses if necessary;
  such objects require a 'seek' method;
* MIME field content now handle case-insensitive;
* a bug copying a Field instance;
* added an old fix that I mistakenly never included to truncate
  then decoding/encoding.

Thanks to Josef Sachs, Bill Bumgarder and Riccardo Murri for their
aid.

  -Arcege