olemsg32 module used in win32com exchange server example?

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Thu Jan 20 09:01:04 EST 2000

In article <38863DB3.7FAEC820 at callware.com>, Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

>> >It goes through the MAPI DLLs - the same DLLs that the local copy of
>> >Outlook itself uses.
>>
>> Cool.  Does that mean that I don't even need to have Outlook
>> installed in order for a Python/COM/MAPI program to work?
>
>I suspect that is true, but there's a gotcha.  Unless I'm wrong, both
>NetScape Mail and Outlook use MAPI dll's, but they expect different
>functions to be found there.  So, when I want to use Outlook to retrieve
>mail, I can configure everything else correctly but I have to change the
>MAPI.DLL to the one the Outlook expects or it barfs.  Then put it back
>when I want to use NetScape. ...

<Boggle>

There some sort of Cosmological Constant that keeps the
MS-Windows universe from collapsing under its own weight and
complexity.

[a whoosh and muted thud]

Never mind.  I see it just did.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  WHOA!! Ken and
                                  at               Barbie are having TOO