Tkinter, threads, mainloops, etc

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Sun Jan 23 23:47:07 EST 2000

In article <pco901g5k6k.fsf at math.ntnu.no>,
Harald Hanche-Olsen  <hanche at math.ntnu.no> wrote:
>I am following up to my own posting here, since everybody else is
>probably at the python conference anyway, and/or getting drunk at the
>bar.  Some reckless experimentation shows that, indeed, I can do
>graphs in Tkinter without ever calling any mainloop method - however,
>I have to throw in the occasional call to an update method, or nothing
>is updated until I get the command prompt back.
>
>I'll most likely be doing this live in a seminar in a couple of weeks,
>so if there are any gotchas I'd like to know about them before it's
>too late.
			.
			.
			.
The Tcl crowd often fusses over (generally subtle) errors
in the "notifier".  Search the comp.lang.tcl archives for
that keyword to identify particular releases and platforms
which have been impaired in the past.  Apart from that, yes,
it's not considered too radical for plucky individuals to
fiddle with the event loop.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net