py2bat (was: How do I make a Python .bat executable file?)

piet at cs.uu.nl piet at cs.uu.nl
Thu Jan 6 06:11:07 EST 2000

You must be aware of the sad fact that the Windows "Command line
interpreter" mangles some arguments, notably those with an = sign in it.
This will be replaced by a space. Sometimes this can be avoided by quoting
the argument, but if you need both quotes and = signs to be passed in
arguments you are lost.

For perl there is a runperl.exe which, if copied to myscript.exe and run,
calls perl myscript.pl with all arguments passed unchanged. It would
probably be simple to clone this for python. I have never seen the source,
however, and I am too lazy to write it myself.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: Piet.van.Oostrum at gironet.nl