Choosing a language

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Jan 30 13:32:04 EST 2000

In article <01bf6b45$ff345b40$412b69ce at default>,
Patrick Cooper <future at dotstar.net> wrote:

>I want to start learning computer programming and from what I have found so
>far I have chosen to start with Python.  I am going to be focusing on CGI
>first but eventually want to work with desktop applicates.  Python seems to
>be the most versitle and easiest to learn.  Before I go in any more depth
>does anyone think I should start with a different language?  I want to
>eventually learn C, but think Python is the best place to start.

You expect to get a different answer in a newsgroup for Python?  ;-)

Seriously, Python more than other languages TENDS to encourage good
programming practice, which makes it an excellent first language.  Note
the emphasis on "tends", though: it's easy to write crappy code in
Python if you try.  If you go through the material at
http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html
you'll get a good handle on the Python Way.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Have a *HAPPY* day!!!!!!!!!!