thread_test crashes

Richard Gordon maccgi at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 31 00:13:25 EST 2000

I'm having a problem with threads using Python 1.5.2 and mkLinux
(DR3, kernel upgraded to GENERIC #7). The short version is that I
initially got eveything configured, built & installed without any
trouble, then decided to try installing Zope which was unhappy
because I didn't include threads when I configured Python.

So I start over and this time use the --with-thread switch. Again, no
problems with the installation, but when I run regrtest.py,
test_thread crashes:
(HandlerBCalled : (2, <frame object at 19675e0>).

I haven't gotten around to investigating this any further and was
wondering if anyone has any thoughts about what's going on here and
how to fix it?

Thanks.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design