Choosing a language

Remco Gerlich scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl
Mon Jan 31 06:38:24 EST 2000

Jason Stokes wrote in comp.lang.python:
> >There are two complaints about Python as a first language that I've heard:
> >1) Basically all the documentation is in English. Not a problem for you.
>
> Python isn't the only language that has a documentation gap like that.  The
> whole programming world is incredibly English-centric, and most European
> programmers seem to be able to speak English.

Well, there are books in Dutch for many more popular languages, like
C and Perl. I haven't seen any on Python yet. A Dutch web page is being
made (http://python.nl.linux.org).

Yes, the ones that use Python fanatically already know English. It's the
people who can't program yet who have a problem with learning a lot of
info from English text. And I want non-programmers to learn programming,
in Python :-).

I suppose I should start helping the Dutch web page project...
Remco Gerlich,  scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl
"This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the
 overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context"  (David Moser)