Choosing a language

Gene Chiaramonte gchiaramonte at ibl.bm
Mon Jan 31 10:32:32 EST 2000

The only trouble you will have if you start with python is when you try to
learn other languages. I think you will find them cumbersome. You will
always be thinking, "I could do this with 5 lines of Python code, jez!"

<http://www.python.org/psa/MailingLists.html#tutor>
to subscribe.  There you can get good direction on the how to program
questions as well as the Python questions.

I'd suggest you spend two weeks to a month absorbing all you can before you
start trying to do the cgi stuff.  When you do, a good resource is
<http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/web_python.html> which
among other things contains a link to 'Writing CGI Programs in Python'
<http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/Python/CGI/> which answers most of your
'since I want to focus on CGI, what would be the best resources to check
out' question.

Good luck,
-Doug-