Python and MAPI

Michel Orengo michelorengo at netscape.com
Wed Jan 19 15:59:25 EST 2000

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I'm assuming that stuff like the message body, sender's e-mail
> address, etc. are all contained in the MAPIOBJECT object.
>
> How do I find out what type of object that is?

For the body, I believe you can try msg.text
For the Sender address, try msg.Sender.address

The following table summarizes each object's properties and methods.

Object  Available since version
Properties
Methods
AddressEntries collection  1.1  Application, Class, Count, Filter, Item, Parent,
RawTable1, Session  Add, Delete, GetFirst, GetLast, GetNext, GetPrevious, Sort
AddressEntry  1.0.a  Address, Application, Class, DisplayType, Fields, ID,
Manager, MAPIOBJECT1, Members, Name, Parent, Session, Type  Delete, Details,
GetFreeBusy, IsSameAs, Update
AddressEntryFilter  1.1  Address, Application, Class, Fields, Name, Not, Or,
Parent, Session  IsSameAs
AddressList  1.1  AddressEntries, Application, Class, Fields, ID, Index,
IsReadOnly, Name, Parent, Session  IsSameAs
AddressLists collection  1.1  Application, Class, Count, Item, Parent, Session
(none)
AppointmentItem  1.2  AllDayEvent, Application, Attachments, BusyStatus,
Categories, Class, Conversation, ConversationIndex, ConversationTopic,
DeliveryReceipt, Duration, Encrypted, EndTime, Fields, FolderID, ID, Importance,
IsRecurring, Location, MAPIOBJECT1, MeetingResponseStatus, MeetingStatus,
Organizer, Parent, ReadReceipt, Recipients, ReminderMinutesBeforeStart,
ReminderSet, ReplyTime, ResponseRequested, Sender, Sensitivity, Sent, Session,
Signed, Size, StartTime, StoreID, Subject, Submitted, Text, TimeCreated,
TimeExpired, TimeLastModified, TimeReceived, TimeSent, Type, Unread
ClearRecurrencePattern, CopyTo, Delete, GetRecurrencePattern, IsSameAs, MoveTo,
Options, Respond, Send, Update
Attachment  1.0.a  Application, Class, Fields, Index, MAPIOBJECT1, Name, Parent,
Position, Session, Source, Type  Delete, IsSameAs, ReadFromFile, WriteToFile
Attachments collection  1.0.a  Application, Class, Count, Item, Parent, Session
Add, Delete
Field  1.0.a  Application, Class, ID, Index, Name, Parent, Session, Type, Value
Delete, ReadFromFile, WriteToFile
Fields collection  1.0.a  Application, Class, Count, Item, Parent, Session  Add,
Delete, SetNamespace
Folder  1.0.a  Application, Class, Fields, FolderID, Folders, HiddenMessages, ID,
MAPIOBJECT1, Messages, Name, Parent, Session, StoreID  CopyTo, Delete, IsSameAs,
MoveTo, Update
Folders collection  1.0.a  Application, Class, Count, Item, Parent, RawTable1,
Session  Add, Delete, GetFirst, GetLast, GetNext, GetPrevious, Sort
GroupHeader  1.1  Application, Class, Count, Level, Name, Parent, Session, Unread
(none)
InfoStore  1.0.a  Application, Class, Fields, ID, Index, MAPIOBJECT1, Name,
Parent, ProviderName, RootFolder, Session  IsSameAs
InfoStores collection  1.0.a  Application, Class, Count, Item, Parent, Session
(none)
MeetingItem  1.2  Application, Attachments, Categories, Class, Conversation,
ConversationIndex, ConversationTopic, DeliveryReceipt, Encrypted, Fields,
FolderID, ID, Importance, MAPIOBJECT1, MeetingType, Parent, ReadReceipt,
Recipients, Sender, Sensitivity, Sent, Session, Signed, Size, StoreID, Subject,
Submitted, Text, TimeCreated, TimeExpired, TimeLastModified, TimeReceived,
TimeSent, Type, Unread  CopyTo, Delete, Forward, GetAssociatedAppointment,
IsSameAs, MoveTo, Options, Reply, ReplyAll, Respond, Send, Update
Message  1.0.a  Application, Attachments, Categories, Class, Conversation,
ConversationIndex, ConversationTopic, DeliveryReceipt, Encrypted, Fields,
FolderID, ID, Importance, MAPIOBJECT1, Parent, ReadReceipt, Recipients, Sender,
Sensitivity, Sent, Session, Signed, Size, StoreID, Subject, Submitted, Text,
TimeCreated, TimeExpired, TimeLastModified, TimeReceived, TimeSent, Type, Unread
CopyTo, Delete, Forward, IsSameAs, MoveTo, Options, Reply, ReplyAll, Send, Update
MessageFilter  1.1  Application, Class, Conversation, Fields, Importance, Not, Or,
Parent, Recipients, Sender, Sent, Session, Size, Subject, Text, TimeFirst,
TimeLast, Type, Unread  IsSameAs
Messages collection  1.0.a  Application, Class, Count, Filter, Item, Parent,
RawTable1, Session  Add, Delete, GetFirst, GetLast, GetNext, GetPrevious, Sort
Recipient  1.0.a  Address, AddressEntry, AmbiguousNames, Application, Class,
DisplayType, ID, Index, MeetingResponseStatus, Name, Parent, Session, Type
Delete, GetFreeBusy, IsSameAs, Resolve
Recipients collection  1.0.a  Application, Class, Count, Item, RawTable1, Parent,
Resolved, Session  Add, AddMultiple, Delete, GetFirstUnresolved, GetFreeBusy,
GetNextUnresolved, Resolve
RecurrencePattern  1.2  Application, Class, DayOfMonth, DayOfWeekMask, Duration,
EndTime, Instance, Interval, MonthOfYear, NoEndDate, Occurrences, Parent,
PatternEndDate, PatternStartDate, RecurrenceType, Session, StartTime  (none)
Session  1.0.a  AddressLists, Application, Class, CurrentUser, Inbox, InfoStores,
MAPIOBJECT1, Name, OperatingSystem, Outbox, OutOfOffice, OutOfOfficeText, Parent,
Session, Version  AddressBook, CompareIDs, CreateConversationIndex, DeliverNow,
GetAddressEntry, GetAddressList, GetArticle, GetDefaultFolder, GetFolder,
GetInfoStore, GetMessage, GetOption, Logoff, Logon, SetLocaleIDs, SetOption