Sucking e-mail from Exchange Server vis HTTP?

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Mon Jan 17 15:49:24 EST 2000

In article <85vs9o$sbh$1 at nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>In article <slrn886kml.284.grant at grante.comtrol.com>,
>Grant Edwards <grant at nowhere.> wrote:
>>
>>I just found the http server page on Exchange server that allows access
>>to e-mails via a web browser.  What I'd really like is to write a
>>Python program that just sucks the mail out of the inbox and delivers
>>it locally.
>
>No can do unless you implement a JavaScript engine.  :-(  (Trust me, I'd
>*love* to use Lynx for my mail.)

I don't think that you actually need JavaScript -- it's just to
fancy-up the user-interface (it does things like checking the
form field values for sanity before sumitting the form).

You have to _pretend_ that you understand JavaScript, so that
the server will send you the page, but It looks like if you
submit the forms with the right requests you can retrieve
e-mail.  You do have to support cookies...

I've found jrush's webbot.py, and that looks like a good
starting point.

I'm going to figure out how to get my mail without running
Outlook if it takes hundres of years and costs thousands of
lives...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I want you to
                                  at               MEMORIZE the collected