no multithreading?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Jan 20 20:23:54 EST 2000

In article <000601bf6383$a234d420$b72d153f at tim>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>Threading still has a relatively small audience (e.g., check out the usual
>(lack of!) traffic on Python's Thread-SIG).

Actually, I think that's more a testimony to the ease of use for Python
threads.  I certainly never managed to write any threaded programs
before I started using Python.  Granted, I did swipe some code from a
coworker who was familiar with threads, but converting my first Python
script to threaded execution only took a couple of hours -- and that
includes rebuilding Python on Solaris to use threads.

BTW (for the original querant), I posted a sample threaded script for
performance testing a web server a few days ago; you can find it at the
following DejaNews URL:
http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=570016307&fmt=text
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)