Python plugin

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Thu Jan 6 16:54:56 EST 2000

In article <3874FC58.69F1D59D at rubic.com>, Jeff Bauer wrote:
>I have written a Python plugin that works with
>Netscape Navigator on Win32.  It used to work with
>Microsoft IE, but I think Microsoft has dropped
>plugin support for their recent browsers.  Can
>anyone confirm?

I can't answer this question, but there are still an awful lot of web pages
which utilize the <object class="{...clsid...}"> tag to embed various
objects.  Is it possible to re-write your plug-in as a COM object which can
be embedded?

(Personally, I think the COM solution is a superior one anyway, but that's
just my opinion.)

>As Mozilla becomes more stable, I think it will
>be the ideal browser to use for Python client-side
>scripting.

Mozilla will become stable only after I'm old and grey.  And I'm only 24
now.  I don't have much faith in Mozilla -- the codebase is just plain too
big and too complicated.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II