fetch a html page via proxy?

Eugene Goodrich bitbucket at isomedia.com
Mon Jan 10 18:17:40 EST 2000

And if you ever have to do it on your own, you make the HTTP request
just like a normal request, except that you connect to the proxy
server instead of the web server, and for the path you give a full URL
instead of a local path.  (IIRC)

    -Eugene

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:46:07 -0600 (CST), Skip Montanaro
<skip at mojam.com> wrote:

>    Ricardo> I need to fetch a page from the web but the linux machine
>    Ricardo> doesn't have direct connection to the net.  It needs to go thru
>    Ricardo> a proxy to connect to the web.  How can I do this with Python?
>
>The urllib module handles proxies.  If you set the http_proxy environment
>variable appropriately on Unix or Windows or do the Internet Config thing on
>Mac, it will use the proxy instead of attempting to make a direct connection
>to the server.
>
>Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
>skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
>847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...

import binascii; print binascii.a2b_base64 ('ZXVnZW5lQGlzb21lZGlhLmNvbQ==')