Which Python book?

tmick at mail.com tmick at mail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:08:02 EST 2000

I found _Learning Python_ to be a much better read than _Programming
Python_ (better presentation and it ends up being a decent reference as
well, at least as far as the core language syntax goes).

I have not read _Python Essential Reference_. All I can say about it is
that I have heard that Guido's contribution to it is minimal and that
his name is prbably there more for name recognition. That says nothing
about the quality of the book though.

Trent

In article <85035b$1sb$1 at bignews.shef.ac.uk>,
  Bala <engbpa at liquidinformation.com> wrote:
> I'm now thinking of getting either
>         Python Essential Reference (OTHER NEW RIDERS)
>         by David M. Beazley, Guido Van Rossum
> or
>         Learning Python (Help for Programmers)
>         by Mark Lutz, David Ascher, Frank Willison (Editor)
> Which one of these two would you recommend?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Bala

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.