Can TkInter be frozen?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 20 07:44:16 EST 2000

claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) writes:

> More gossip:  Tcl has at least a half-dozen common ways
> to make installations (in principle, they're in <URL:http://
> starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.tcl/tcl_compilers.html>,
> although that page is uninviting for a person pursuing this one
> topic in isolation).  None of them are sufficiently common to
> encourage adoption into a Python distribution.

In addition to those, I've been using Tix for quite some time now. Tix
provides SAM (Stand-alone modules), which are frozen Tcl modules. It
generates (on Unix), libtclsam.a, libtksam.a, and libtixsam.a. If you
link those into your frozen application, together with libtcl.a,
libtk.a, and libtix.a, you get a truly stand-alone binary.

Regards,
Martin