Python Rocks!

tye4 tye4 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 19:48:59 EST 2000

Remco Gerlich <scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.cx> wrote in message > If you
have problems with that, try indenting it more, and/or use
> blank lines. The following looks rather clear to me:
>
> if x == 10:
>       print 'x is 10'
>
> print 'Hello world'
>
> And of course, get used to it. It's pretty easy to do.

Actually, I use something like:

if x == 10:
    print 'x is 10'
#end if
print 'Hello world'

I'm more concerned with how many maintenance headaches will result if I were
to accidently add or delete a space on a line. Also, I would to be very
careful and choosy about what editor to use.. Some editors expand tabs while
others don't.. What indentation you see in one editor is sometimes different
to what is seen in another...

How hard can it be to add 'end' indicators to the language.. If these end
indicators are added, the language would still be backward compatible. I
can't believe nobody has fixed this for so long.

-tye4