In A Pickle Over Pickle()

wolf at one.net wolf at one.net
Thu Jan 20 19:49:26 EST 2000

I'm using Python to create a text-adventure writing system, and need
to use pickle to save/restore the program state. The problem is, I
seem to have a mental block when it comes to Pickle--I've read all the
documentation I can find on pickle() and can't make heads or tails of
it. I suspect I'm missing some obvious "first clue" that would make it
come together.

Does anyone know where there's a good pickle() tutorial? Or, better
still, has somebody already written a module to do what I need?

The program structure is very simple, 3 library modules imported by a
"skeleton" that has no variables of its own. Basically what I want to
do is pickle/unpickle the *entire* mess, variables, dictionaries, etc,
of all three modules, and store them in a single file, preferably
calling wrapper code that resides in one of the 3 libraries.

Any help appreciated!

Respectfully,

Wolf

"The world is my home, it's just that some rooms are draftier than
others". -- Wolf