Tcl/Tk Path problems in Python 1.5.2 installation

David Nichols dnichols at sourcesignal.com
Tue Jan 18 21:43:59 EST 2000

Thanks to those who replied ... the problem turned out to be old (1997!)
version of
tcl80.dll and tk80.dll in the windows/system directory.  Once those were
removed
everything went well.  I was initially deceived because the wish shell
launched
correctly, but that turned out to be an artifact of its initial directory -
wish found
the correct dlls but programs launched from arbitrary places linked to the
old ones
and then died.  So ... Beware that old junk hanging out in windows/system.

Now, back to the task of Python-ing.